Audio Performance & Interaction
Florida Atlantic University 2017 Spring | DIG 4930-003 | Friday 11:00 am - 2:50 pm
This studio-based course is designed to develop new media sound projects and music/soundtrack design for time-based media, such as film, video, and animation. Topics will include studio/field recording, sound design & editing, foley editing, computer-based interactive sound system, mobile platform design for sound performance, instrument design, and site- specific sound installation. Through various design projects, students develop their critical thinking and creative ideas that are encouraged and fostered during classroom discussions, readings, and project critiques.
Upon completion of this course, a successful student will be able to
- design sound and music for film, video, and animation.
- design sound-centered multimedia projects and new media devices for sound performance and installation.
- become knowledgeable in the field of sound art and contemporary sound production environment.
- appreciate the importance of a critical examination of sound to sound art practices.
- learn about the challenges and responsibilities of individual or collaborative projects